Mastery is our next featured GDC game, developed by a team of 8 individuals. This game was a finalist for the NY State Game Dev Challenge in 2018. Mastery is a 2D platform game made by Tunacat Studio. The game world combines fantasy components of Taoism and the customs of ancient China. The game tells a story of self-discovery as the main character, Yan Ching, masters the five Chi elements during his sacred pilgrimage of mountainous ascension. You can learn more on their website.
Tunacat studio i:
- Producer/Lead Designer – Fanghong Dong
- Lead Programmer – Kirsten Pilla
- Programmer/Enemy Designer – Hongyang Lin
- Programmer – Beiqi Zou
- Lead Artist – Adrianna Oropello
- Environmental Artist – Chujia Yuan
- Music Composer – Yihui Liu UI
- Designer/Sound Designer – Yueqing Dai
If you’ll be at GDC be sure to check out this and our other student and community projects at GDC Play!